Hikaru Utada fights the blues

EMI music Japan released a 35 second snippet of a song from Hikaru Utada's forthcoming fifth studio Japanese album Heart station and here it is...



Forget fighting the blues, Hikaru looks more like she's fighting a terminal disease. Ever since "Flavor of life" Hikaru has been looking really washed out and ill, and also like a boy. I still love her and want her to be my wife though. That ain't nothing a little make up can't fix.

I've heard "Fight the blues" in full and I can tell you is that the song is awesome and if you like the snippet above, you'll love the full length song. It switches up in all the right places and per usual Hikaru sounds great. I loved the whole Euro pop vibe she exhibited on Ultra blue, so I'm down for more of that on Heart station. It's not known whether "Fight the blues" will release physically as a single though. It could well see a digital release only, as the case was with Ultra blue's "This is love". I like the PV though. Nice and simple. Even if the whole one take dealio was done before with "Hikari".

Heart station will be release in Japan on March 19 and also see a Canadian release on April 8. As with Ultra blue, this album could also see a digital release on the US iTunes later this year.

Comments