Music video: Janet Jackson - Rock with U


Janet Jackson - Rock with U
Directed by Saam Farahmand
© 2008 The Island Def Jam music group, a Universal music group

I'm liking the video. It's not that original, it lacks initial impact and I think they could've added a damn strobe light given that Janet mentions one three times during the song - but it's a decent video overall. I love the choreography, especially during the chorus. Janet bounces back, forth and left to right with such precision and swagger. I tried to do that shit after watching the video, but I elbowed my wardrobe unit. I won't be doing that again in such a hurry. This video is just a nice reminder that Janet can move with the best of these 20 odd year old chicks in the game today, because let's face it - her moves in her past few music videos weren't all that tight. "Feedback" just had her swinging her weave ponytail around in a bowl of Cheerios and then playing with a ball.

A really cool feature of this video is that it's all one take. Via the aid of digital trickery and well placed blackout sequences the director may have fooled us. But the video does seem to have been shot in one take, which I think is really cool. It makes the choreography even more impressive because there can be no f**k ups.

I'm just glad Janet kept her titties to herself and that she picked a good song for a second single and came with a decent video. "Rock with U" has all the makings of a big hit and will undoubtedly help shift a few more units of Disicpline, especially across Europe where this song has the potential to be huge.

Comments

  1. i hope she releases luv, thats areally a really nice track

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed