Usher's gig at Radio 1's big weekend

Usher @ Radio 1's big weekend Usher @ Radio 1's big weekend
Usher @ Radio 1's big weekend Usher @ Radio 1's big weekend
Aloong with Madonna, Usher also did a Radio 1 gig in Madstone, Kent where he performed a set consisting of 12 songs!! Both old and brand new. Can't nobody say the dude isn't generous. As Usher does, he killed it. He opened with "This ain't sex" and his performance was so air tight that it made me like the song a heck of alot more than I did when I first heard it. And he also threw it back with "You make me wanna". I seriously forgot how good a dancer Usher is. He put it DOWN with the moves when he did that song. The choreography was insane, fluid and effortless. You can check out the whole gig below. It's of the whole entire 12 song set, so the video may take a fair while to buffer.

Check it out: Usher's set at Radio 1's big weekend

A true entertainer and showman. Even with all the hard dancing, his voice did not waver a bit. He did leave huge chucks of songs to the backing vocalists. But given how engaging he was during the whole set, it's hard to hate on him for it. It was great to hear him sing his older songs, because he has much better vocals now than he did when he recorded My way and 8701 - so it gave them that extra edge. I laughed when he said "Would you like to hear some of my new material?" and then introduced "Moving mountains". Everybody, they mama and their dead Grandparent downloaded that song off of a blog or message board months ago. Ain't shit new about it. But I guess it is to the people of Maidstone, because nobody seemed to scream or show excitement when Usher announced the song or as he performed it.

I'm PISSED I didn't get tickets to this shit. I tried and hustled, but wasn't able to get any. It's a bitch they announced Usher was performing when it was too late to get tickets. The tickets were free, but folk living in the Maidstone area where the concert was held got priority. So near enough everybody in the crowd lived local. (Bitches!)

Comments

  1. Content only available to people in the UK.

    *walks out with head hung low because he doesn't live in the UK*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I saw it on dailymotion.

    I haven't watched ALL of it (about half so far), but all the tight dancing this dude does, his vocals have really stepped up. He sang the hell out of "Moving Mountains" and "Here I Stand".

    Damn I can't wait to get this album!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed