Utada's "Apple & cinnamon"

Utada's 'Apple & cinnamon'A new song from J-Pop queen (and my future wife) Hikaru Utada has been registered entitled "Apple & cinnamon". But more interestingly; Eriksen Mikkel Storleer and Hermansen Tor Erik are listed as composers alongside Hikaru herself! For those who don't know, these 2 guys are better known as the production duo Stargate: who are responsible for chart topping hits such as Ne-Yo's "So sick", Beyoncé's "Irreplaceable" and Rihanna's "Don't stop the music" among many others.

There's no confirmation as to whether this song will appear on her forthcoming English language album, but it's exciting to know Hikaru is working with other producers. Even though it's probably an L.A Reid rite of passage that everybody signed to Def Jam has to work with Stargate. Hopefully Hikaru will work with a nice range of producers for her whole album and not just one as she did on Exodus. I'm crossing my fingers she works with Timbaland again, because his contribution to her Exodus album were most definitely highlights.

Hikaru has mentioned many times over the past year that she's been working on her english language album at her own pace - so there's no date for its release other than a vague 2008.

Comments

  1. A new english album would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not jonesing for a new English album, because based on Exodus and also her English versions of her Kingdom Hearts themes - her Japanese recordings are much better in terms of vocal performance and production. But I'm a stan, so I'd buy it anyway.

    If I hear she's working with Timbaland or Danja though, then I'll start to go crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the most part I loved exodus, but some of her lyrics were a little...odd to say the least. And I agree she does sound better in Japanese. But the Timbaland songs were hot. She needs more songs like "About Me" though. I thought that song was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't say I loved Exodus, because I think every single one of her Japanese albums shitted all over it.

    I loved "Devil inside" and "About me" right off the bat, along with "Exodus '04" and "Let me give you my love". But the rest had to grow on me.

    Her lyrics were wierd on Exodus, but her Japanese lyrics are too. It's just how she writes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I agree about "Devil Inside". You can't help but move to that beat! So memorizing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed