Brandy's 'Human'

Brandy titles her fifth studio album 'Human'Brandy's fifth studio album is titled Human and will release through Epic records on November 11! Since Brandy has been working on and off on the album since 2005 there's no confirmation on which producers will have their songs make the final cut other than Rodney Jerkins who produced the lead single "Right here (Departed)" and Bryan Michael-Cox whose track "Fall" has been confirmed for the album. Brandy had this to say on the project...
"Human is my most personal album to date, I have grown so much since my last album. Being able to express myself and my journey through my music is a feeling I can't describe."
Hopefully Brandy has written songs for this album. Even if she hasn't, I won't be fussed. She only wrote one song on Afrodisiac ("Finally") and that album was no worse because of it. Brandy also didn't write "Right here (Departed)", but I ain't gonna go and knock the song because of that when it's damn near perfect. Though I hope she does write at least half of the songs on the albu because it's not like Brandy can't write good songs.

I cannot wait for this album. Brandy records are events for me, because she's one of few artists whose albums I play from start to finish on more than one occassion and continue to play for years to come. I stay playing Full moon and especially Afrodisiac on the most regular of basis'.

"Right here (Departed)" has been on murder rotation all weekend. I didn't think the song was lead single material at first despite being a brilliant song. But the more I listen to it, the more I think it's a solid lead single choice. Musically, the prodution is tight, Brandy sounds great and the lyrics are really nice. But the song is also anthemic, catchy, radio friendly and every pop and R&B radio station will spin it. If Epic records really push the song and the promotion it could be a smash. It has that same global appeal and air about it that Leona's "Bleeding love" had. Only Brandy's shit is much better.

Roll on November 11!

Comments

  1. YEAAAHHHHH!!!!My brandy's Back for Good!

    A Brandy album is EVENT For ME TOO :D

    At first, I just thought that "departed" was just an ok song. But listening to it a lot of times made me realise that it could really be a smash HIT!
    Could be like when umbrella came out;

    That said,It still misses something to me(I dont know what...maybe a little variation here and there,the chorus too repetitive maybe, I dont know! Something still bothers me a little!)
    Well, She nevers disapoints with alubms

    "Fool moon" and "afrodisiac" are the shit!From beginning to end:just perfect!


    Cannot wait For B-Rocka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know what you mean about something being missing. I personally don't think there is - but it's definitely one of the more simplistic songs that Brandy has done. But I think that's part of it's charm and why I love it so much. Her vocals are tightly layered, but not overly layered. The verses are short, sweet and cathy. The beat is well produced, but not over produced.

    It's probably the most accessible single Brandy's done since "Afrodisiac". It definitely has the potential to be a smash.

    I can't stress enough how in love I am with this song. Winamp tells me I've played the song 72 times already.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed