Music video: Kumi Koda - Shake hip!

Music video: Kumi Koda (倖田來未) - Shake hip! | Random J Pop

We can file the mystery as to what happened to Ayu's music video budget under CASE CLOSED. It doesn't take our homegirl Jessica Fletcher to see that Avex have commissioned Ayu's video budget to Kumi and Namie. The two women at Avex who are managing to hold down some sales at the moment.


After giving birth to her child, Kumi has been hell bent on showing Japan that she can still be a ho in a music video. I will admit that it was nice to see her acting the skank again. But for all of the pussy grabbing and the opening of legs, there wasn't any heart behind the filth. I didn't feel that same passion I felt when she went down on that bottle in the "Juicy" video. And ironically, Kumi came off much sexier in her white chick Stepford wife get up when she wasn't trying to be overtly sexy. Nowadays Kumi ero-power seems to be working in reverse. She gives off more sex when she doesn't try so hard to.

It's a shame that for a song called "Shake hip!" that Kumi wasn't giving much hip. I feel as though Kumi deprived me by not working her waist with a solid three minute whine 'n' twerk fest. Isn't having a child supposed to bestow you with new twerking ability? I'm not sure where I heard that piece of info from, but I'm going to believe it and wonder why on Earth Kumi wasn't able to prove it.

I'll also go on record to say that KAT-TUN's cover of "Shake hip!" is better than Kumi's. Don't come for me.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't having a child supposed to bestow you with new twerking ability? I'm not sure where I heard that piece of info from, but I'm going to believe it and wonder why on Earth Kumi wasn't able to prove it.

    Oh, Beyoncé & J. Lo are definitely the advocates for that! And you are right, she was serving in that skinny Tracy Turnblad outfit more than her Ultraviolet ripoff one!

    Truthfully, I like her videos when she's basically being a straight up hoe and not trying to fake it, but this was a hit and miss for me. She does look sexy but she'll never top JUICY or Candy for that matter.

    As for the song, it wasn't bad for a cover, but I'm hoping she does better in her next album. At least, better than JAPONESQUE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no gripes with this video.

    It was entertaining and she shook enough of her stuff for a video's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She doesn't have any hip to shake tho. Yuck I can't even get through the whole video. Kumi is a RAT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed