Music video: Perfume - If you wanna

Music video: Perfume - If you wanna | Random J Pop

Perfume's 25th single "If you wanna" is growing on me up unto a point. I really like the verses (strained vocals aside), but the chorus and the lack of progression across the song stop be from outright liking it. It's a shame, because had the structure of the song had been refined and the song were given a stronger chorus, this could have been a great single. Especially with it getting a nice, if boring video and the song having one of Perfume's best routines in quite some time.


The video was literally 1mm x Flash featuring Spring of life. There was some Ghost in the shell teas, with a hint of telekinesis and a bit of Mass effect: Andromeda...or something. Nothing really made sense and I doubt it's deep. Not for a song which has the lyrics 'If you wanna kiss me' repeated over and over.

This video for me was all about Nocchiyoncé Ōmoto Knowles. She was the only one I noticed. Not only does she have the better looking outfit of the three, but she owns the shit out of the dance routine and her walk at 2:00 had me snatching air and muttering 'Yes bitch...yes. Get it'.

Between Nocchina Aguilera giving us vocals on "Everyday" and serving in this video, she's single handedly saving this single.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...