Music video: Mariah Carey featuring T.I - I'll be lovin' U long time



A whack ass video for a hot ass song. As soon as I heard Mariah was shooting a video in Hawaii, I knew it was going to be three and a half minutes of her in a bikini and nothing else. No bad thing, but boring in Mariah's case and hardly creative for a music video. "I'll be lovin' U long time" is fire and should've been given a much better video with either a stronger concept, theme or better shots of scenery. If you're going to shoot scenery, then you need to do it right and have it look amazing like how Hype Williams did in Mary J Blige's "Everything". That shit was stunning. And how many times do we need to have a fade to black!? The constant fades were giving me head ache after the first minute. One or two would've sufficed, not a fade to black every 2 seconds.

The whole sitting in a bikini looking lavish look has been done by BeyoncĂ© in "Upgrade U" and frankly her shit was better - even though it looked as budget as a tin of Alpo. Mariah just wanted a damn excuse to go to Hawaii, wear a bikini and have somebody film her. None of her videos from E=MC² have shown any kind of effort from Mariah. Bitch needs to put in some work.

I also hate the version of "I'll be lovin' U long time" with T.I. I can understand his inclusion given his affiliation with DJ Toomp (the producer of the song and many of T.I's songs) and Mariah's need to have a rapper hop on an alternate version of every single she drops - but T.I was not necessary. Plus, whenever Mariah has a rapper jump on a song of hers, he drops a line or a whole verse which results in Mariah coming off like a chicken head. If Mariah was looking to have a rapper on her shit she should've hit up Lil' Wayne. Dude raps like he has a d**k in his throat, but the song would've been a big success with him on it given his current status in the popularity stakes.

Brilliant song. Shit video.

Related posts: E=MC² album review | "I'll be lovin' U long time" live at the VMA's 08 Japan

Comments

  1. Mariah looks so fine, but she should've done the damn thing by herself. I can't stand T.I.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an extremely late afterthough, lol, but the only time I've ever liked T.I. as a feature was on "My Love". His swagger and flow on that was on point!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed