Stars pay tribute to Michael Jackson

The legend
Inevitably, lots of celebrities and stars within 'the industry' have expressed their feelings over the physically loss of the legend that will forever be Michael Jackson.

Just like us fans, even the biggest and most popular artists in the game were in sheer awe of Michael and are reeling at the news of his passing. I needn't go into how much of an influence he was within music. Read the messages by those touched by Michael's talents for yourself.

Britney Spears...
I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone.

Brandy...
It hasn't hit me yet. I loved and still love Michael Jackson.

Crystal Kay...
Really sad. Too sad. Thank you for the wonderful music! Music pioneer, King of pop. Thank you for inspiring us all through your powerful music. Your melodies will live on forever. R.I.P Michael Jackson.

Jamie Foxx...
I hope he is remembered for the brilliance of his music and not for the circus sideshow his life had become.

John Legend...
As a child of the '80s, I feel as though his music and his videos have been an inseparable part of my life and that of an entire generation," he said. "And the powerful thing about great music is that it will always live on. He was and always will be an icon.

Justin Timberlake...
I can't find the words right now to express how deeply saddened I am by Michael's passing. We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only pop music, but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations, and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

Kelly Rowland...
Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music history!! Michael Rest In Peace! WE miss you!

Lisa Marie Presley...
I am heartbroken for his children who I know were everything to him and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me
Madonna: I can't stop crying over the sad news. I've always admired Michael Jackson - the world has lost one of its greats but his music will live on forever. My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless.

Mariah Carey...
I am heartbroken. My prayers go out to the Jackson family,and my heart goes out to his children. Let us remember him for his unparalleled contribution to the world of music,his generosity of spirit in his quest to heal the world & the joy he brought to his millions of devoted fans throughout the world. I feel blessed to have performed with him several times and to call him my friend. No artist will ever take his place. His star will shine forever.

Martin Scorsese...
Michael Jackson was extraordinary. When we worked together on "Bad", I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other. Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion.

Solange Knowles...
I honestly don't think I can handle this right now. Why does it feel like family? My heart is really hurting.

Steven Spielberg...
Just as there will never be another Fred Astaire or Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley, there will never be anyone comparable to Michael Jackson. His talent, his wonderment and his mystery make him legend.

Quincy Jones...
I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words. Divinity brought our souls together on The Wiz and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the 80s. To this day, the music we created together on Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all…talent, grace, professionalism and dedication. He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him.

Like I've said already: Michael left behind such an amazing legacy, that he'll never be forgotten. His star will be one that'll shine forever. He was a legend long before he passed, and that speaks volumes. He changed the landscape of music for every one. And he's so prominent in the careers of many of today's and tomorrow's stars, that Michael will never truly die.

I won't do a retrospective style post on Michael Jackson, because to sum him up in a post with a couple of YouTube videos won't cut it really. We were all looking back on Michael's classic and timeless contributions to music before he passed away, and we'll continue to for years to come. What better tribute can you give to an artist than that?

Comments

  1. Glad other stars send their requests especially CL of 2NE1 when she quickly said. 'Today, I pay my respect to MJ.'

    R.I.P Michael Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better myself. Dude you need to write for Yahoo or something. This post shits on any other tribute I've read on any of the "professional" sites out there.

    Great post, and it's all so true, there really isn't anymore to say. I've been listening to his Number Ones CD all day, and it amazes me how relevant and modern his stuff, especially from Thriller, still sounds to this day. He was so far ahead of his time. Damn it's hard to believe he's gone. Unfortunately I've gone and lost Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous. I have the cases, but I don't know where the damn discs are! No doubt I'll be re-buying them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction, I've found Bad, but Dangerous is nowhere to be found, case and disc, and I've found the Thriller case, but I can't find the disc. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed