Music video: Kelis - Acapella


I can't stand this song. I wish Kelis would just give Pharrell one of Nas's child support cheques and just cut an album with The Neptunes. I can't see myself liking this Flesh tones album if generic as hell dance songs are going to litter it from the first track to the last. The video was cool though - even if it was just Avatar with weave. It was almost as though Kelis went back to her funky, out there Kaleidoscope days and ditched the super sexed look of Kelis was here and Tasty (although hints of the sex were still evident in this video). I liked the whole warrior Mama dealio, and that her son was shown on her back in the final shot. After all: the song is all about him. Still hate the damn song though. It would have been better if it were acapella for real. Then I wouldn't have to listen to that dusty ass beat.

Comments

  1. gotta say when I saw Kelis wearing that fucked up purple catsuit/Alexander McQueen hoof boots/Mangy weave combo I thought she had lost it. I didnt even know she was working on new music until a few days ago but didnt check it out until you posted this.
    I actually like this song a lot and the video is really cool, yeah the beat is kind of old but that doesn't bother me because I like the song as a whole so much.
    The vibe of the song reminds me of Bjork's "Vespertine" era (but of course not as good) but yeah I like this and I'm excited to see what the album brings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed