Nelly Furtado swags in the studio to "Big hoops (Bigger the better)"

Nelly Furtado is making a comeback, with her first international release in a long ass while. The lead single from her upcoming album is titled "Big hoops (The bigger the better)" and is produced by Rodney Jerkins. Nelly Fuarto and Darkchild!? I sure never saw this one coming! Then again, who would've thought Nelly Furtado would go and record near enough a whole album with Timbaland and revitalize his career!? Check out a preview of her new song below, with Nelly giving more swagger on a camera phone video than BeyoncĂ© showed over the course of "Run the world (Tramps)".


I like what I'm hearing. This shit sounds like it's going to go HARD! It has that dirty ethnic vibe of songs on Loose such as "No hay igual" which I'm down with. I am looking forward to a new album from Miss Furtado, because I loved Loose. Still do. Still play that album. An album which I don't think gets enough recognition for the impact it had on the shift which pop music saw at the time. But...I am apprehensive about her new album, all because Rodney Jerkins is producing the Lion's share of it. Near enough every album he's primarily produced post 2000 has been an outdated sounding flop. Rodney Jerkins was one of my favourite producers and songwriters in the late 90's. But somewhere along the way his sound became indistinguishable from everybody elses and he started copying other producers' styles. That signature Darkchild sound went AWOL and he started turning out mediocre music with the occasional bit of gold turning up here and there. In terms of musical identity, "Big hoops (Bigger the better)" doesn't sound like Darkchild all, but it does sound hot. So, we'll see...

Comments

  1. WHAAAAAAAAT?! This is not what I was expecting judging by the video stills I've seen but it's hot as fxck! I'm SO ready for some new Nelly in my life, I missed her and yeah "Loose" is great but all of her albums re tbh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Am. Shocked.

    I'm. Also. There. When. This. Drops.

    Muslim wrap AND all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear this. I miss Nelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am beyond pumped for this new album. I have gone "whoa" with Nelly since she flew like a bird, laid some folklore on me, set me loose, and told me her plan! I can't wait to see what my girl will do next! Hopefully, Darkchild won't disappoint her and help produce another album that will top the charts even better than "Loose". This time around people shouldn't be so quick to say that Nelly has sold out since her last English album brought her into mainstream attention. This is despite the fact that she has been hip and trip hoppin' before she flew like a bird with her first album in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss Nelly and I can't wait for this album to drop. And I don't care what anyone says, Nelly struck gold when she collaborated with Timbaland. I still jam to "Loose" even to this day. I adore that album to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Roni, it was Gold AT THE TIME and is still hot to listen to but if she'd gone back to him now he would just be giving her the same outdated shit he'd been giving anyone dumb enough to work with him ATM, he's stuck in a rut SMH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great thanks for sharing this articlepost.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed